Olive Oil Cake
Makes one 9x5" Loaf
1 1/2 cups olive oil
1 1/4 cups sugar
Zest of 2 lemons
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 1/2 Tsp baking soda
1/4 Tsp salt
Follow these instructions (from Chef Nick himself!) to make Olive Oil Cake at home:
1. Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
2. Preheat your oven to 300°F, and let the batter rest for an hour.
3. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
4. Bake in your preheated oven for about 80 minutes, turning halfway through. It will be golden brown and a toothpick should come out clean.
5. Let the cake cool in the pan, then slice and enjoy!
6. (Optional) Mix powdered sugar with a little lemon juice for a classic glaze to pour over your cooled cake.
Cake wrapped/covered in the fridge should keep for up to a week!