Lidia's Pasta Primavera
Rosemary’s Pantry Fusilli
Rosemary’s Pantry Pesto
4 cloves crushed garlic
4 oz green beans
1/2 bunch asparagus
1 bunch scallions
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup heavy cream
Follow these instructions to make Best Selling Author & Restaurateur Lidia Bastianich's Pasta Primavera at home:
1. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil, add fusilli & cook al dente for 2 minutes.
2. Heat a large skillet with 3 tbsp olive oil & garlic.
3. Sautee garlic for 1 minute & add green beans, asparagus and season with salt.
4. Ladle in ½ cup pasta water, cover the pan, and cook until vegetables are slightly tender, 2-3 minutes.
5. Add scallions, peas, cream, and another ½ cup pasta water, simmer until reduced by half, 2 minutes.
6. Transfer your pasta to the primavera sauce, add pesto and toss to combine.
7. Remove the pan from heat, sprinkle generously with cheese, and enjoy!