Chitarra Cacio e Pepe
6 oz Fresh Rosemary's Panty Chitarra
2 tbsp Rosemary's Pantry Cacio e Pepe paste
1 tbsp butter
2 turns of fresh ground black pepper
1 tbsp grated pecorino cheese
Follow these instructions (from Chef Michael himself!) to make the perfect Chitarra Cacio e Pepe at home:
1. Bring about 1 qt of water to a boil with a small handful of salt to season it. Cook the pasta for 4 minutes.
2. Once the pasta is cooked, save a cup of the pasta water on the side and discard the rest.
3. Add in 1/2 a cup of pasta water back into the pasta, butter, and Cacio paste.
4. Use the residual heat to emulsify the sauce by stirring it with a fork. Add more pasta water if it is too thick.
5. Once the sauce is able to coat the pasta well it is ready to serve. Sprinkle a little grated pecorino and a couple of turns of black pepper on top.
Don't put it back on the heat once the Cacio paste is added- It will stick to the bottom of the pot!